Monday, May 25, 2009

Alone

I had to teach relief society yesterday. The lesson was on Elder Hollands conference talk, None were with Him. This was very difficult for me to teach. At some point, in everybody's lives, they are alone at one time or another. This is especially true for some of the sisters in my ward.
I don't know why this was more difficult for me. I've never felt truely alone. I had the blessing of growing up in the church, and I've always known that I am never alone as long as I am doing the best I can to follow the teachings of Christ, and go where He wants me to go.
It's hard to teach something that hasn't been experienced. If there's one thing this talk taught me, it's that I don't have to experience it. Christ, however, did. That's why I don't.
Teaching about the Savior is hard, because His life and Teachings are simple and complex at the same time. I'm kindof relieved that the lesson is over. I'm glad I had help getting through it.
When we got home, I was still worried if how I presented it was alright. I still hope it was. But, I guess today is a new day, and I have to move forward. If there is one thing better than teaching the gospel, it is living it. :)

1 comment:

  1. "If there is one thing better than teaching the gospel, it is living it." Audra, you are INSPIRED! Thank you for that comment.

    ReplyDelete

The Best Thing

The Best Thing
Family